NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS:-
Annual Parish Meeting
Easton & Letheringham Village Hall
Friday May 5th at 7.30pm
Agenda click here.
Framlingham Town Council, in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 have submitted their neighbourhood plan to Suffolk Coastal District Council ahead of it being submitted for independent examination. At this point in the proceedings Suffolk Coastal is required to publicise the neighbourhood plan and to invite comments. Full details on where to view the plan and how to comment are provided in the attached notice please use the following link:
Each year end the Parish Council is duty bound to complete an Internal Audit together with an External Audit, the findings of the Internal Audit support the information required for the External Audit.
For info on the 2015 audit click here.
The Parish Council’s responsibilites include:
• Finance - The Parish Council is responsible for the approval and monitoring of Council expenditure, annually analysing future funding requirements and recommends the precept to be raised. Arranging insurance of parish property, loans and donations and other associated activities requiring finance.
• The Village Green, Play Area, Cemetery and Car Park - grass cutting, general maintenance, lighting and any thing else vaguely to do with them.
• Planning – The Parish Council receives and considers consultation copies of all Planning Applications relating to the parish. Recommendations from the Council either in support of the application or as objections, are passed to Suffolk Coastal District Council who, as Planning Authority, will make use of these comments in their determination of the application.
To access the new Planning Portal (a joint venture with Waveney District Council) to see current and historic planning applications, click here. You may have to accept their terms and conditions first and then put "Easton" in the simple search box to see the results (it goes back to 16/02/1988, very interesting).
• Parish Property – The Parish Council looks after the notice boards, play equipment, some benches and the car park lighting.
• Highways and lighting - The Parish Council liaises with the highways Agency on some matters such as road condition and cleaning, signposting and the supply of electricity for car park lighting.
Public attendance at Parish Council Meetings, please click here for more info.
Freedom of Information, click here for more infomation.
How to complain about councillors:-
• Minutes of previous Parish Council meetings - see side bar on left
Contact details of Councillors that serve Easton
Tel: 01728 746622
Tel: 01728 747267
Tel: 01728 746181
Tel: 01728 746517
Tel: 01728 746866
Tel: 01728 746053
Clerk: Bill Dicks
Tel: 01728 638453
Suffolk County Councillor
Suffolk Coastal District Councillor
Tel: 07833 441349
Central Suffolk & North Ipswich MP
Dr Dan Poulter